Articles tagged with: saturday8
Hopefully everyone drives safely and gets where they are going. Be well and we’ll see you here (Saturday-8) again next week.
These questions are from Laura at the saturday-8.
I don’t know if I’m going to do this one weekly but I liked it so…
- Do you have a specific and unique rule that you or your family follow at the dinner table? I always insist that the food is hot (warmed plates). My step-father always insisted that you wait for the cook. These kinda cancel out each other sometimes. But I think it might be the latter rule that caused me to start the first one!
- What is a specific activity, behavior or tradition that occurs in your family during certain holidays or birthdays? If it’s a funeral (or related to) it’s likely that we get Chicken Shack chicken. For some reason we started this with my grandfather and it just stuck. Actually from a small stash of money he had, we used it to buy the chicken. :)
- How do the various members of your family greet each other? What about extended family such as cousins, aunts or uncles? Hugs for the women, handshakes for the men.
- How do you or your family treat visitors to your house? Are there different treatments for different visitors? If it’s an event of sorts, I’m always in the kitchen getting drinks/food and stuff. Otherwise they know where the ‘fridge is.
- What foods are special or unique to your family? Nothing that I can think of, but many of us put syrup on scrambled eggs. It’s really good, you should try it.
- What names do you use to call your grandparents or other older relatives? Just the regular grandma/grandpa/aunt/uncle terms.
- What values have you learned from your parents? How to save (or I guess not to waste) and how not to treat different people different.
- From what countries have your ancestors immigrated? Holland and Germany (not sure on the other side). Grandma was off the boat and I think grandpa was born here.