Printing wirelessly to my new HP Color LaserJet with my iPhone!
Last month I saw the HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Laser Printer on sale so I picked one up. Why?
- Because I don’t have a color printer set up (inkjet printers usually dry out before I use them all),
- I wanted a network printer (I gave Mom my networked laser printer so she could keep it in my old bedroom instead of at her desk) and this one also has WiFi,
- I wanted to be able to directly print to the printer via an Apple Macintosh (not routing it through a Windows PC),
- I wanted it to print directly from my iPhone (and my future iPad)
- and it was only $150 plus tax!!!!
The darn thing got to my house in under 48 hours and it didn’t cost anything for shipping.
What else can I tell you: It’s also built-in Ethernet, wireless 802.11b/g/n and USB connections. And it’s got some other kind of feature that you can set up so you can e-mail files to it via HP ePrint. It’s got 4.3 stars our of 5 at HP.com and about about the same at Amazon (but it’s $70 more).
The huge benefit is when I’m looking at an e-mail or web page, I don’t need to remember to go back later and print it, it just does it for me then. And my e-mails and web pages look just like I printed them from my computer. The photos print small though (maybe 3″ x 5″?) but they look great. I wish the iPhone would let me print while on the go and then sync up to the printer when I got home (that’s the way it works on the computer); I’m sure that will come in a later version. I’m almost tempted to get a second one because that would get me 4 spare toner cartridges at only $37.50 apiece.
So the color wireless HP LaserJet printer is only $150 until the 15th of April, 2011 so if you’re thinking of a new printer get it. It’s worth it for the cost of toner alone…